Stone Equinox is our brand new, hyper-converged Virtualisation platform and service designed for the evolving needs of the Education and Corporate markets. The latest technological improvements often require a large amount of training and investment to make the best use of them. Stone have recognised this and include as standard our Virtualisation Support Services (VSS) with each Equinox platform sold.
Stone Platform as a Service (PaaS)
From the hardware to the hypervisor, Stone provides all of the service and support you need, from the in-house 5-year next business day managed warranty, to the Equinox focused Virtualisation Support Services (VSS) that are included as standard for 12 months, and expandable up to 5 years.
Performance and Reliability
Help your IT team deliver excellent levels of performance and reliability whilst resting easy that there won’t be a burning hole in your pocket through low total cost of ownership (TCO).
The Stone Equinox utilises the latest technologies and platforms from both Intel and Microsoft to bring you a powerful hyper-converged cluster, whilst also coming in at a fraction of the cost of most competing solutions.
Monitoring – Agent included, alerting Stone VOC – and you – to any critical events, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Incident Reporting – Log and track all requests or incidents on our easy to use Support Portal
- Respond and Adapt – Helps you respond quickly to ever changing needs – for example, get help with deploying a new virtual machine quickly and easily
Equinox Vault – Storage vault with optional cloud backup integration
Acceleration – Lightning fast NVMe accelerated storage
Assistance – With your permission we can remotely access the Equinox platform across the internet helping to respond to your requests quickly and efficiently, reducing the time that your IT staff are tied up
Connectivity – Aggregated 80Gbit Cluster interconnect with a choice of Production Network connectivity options
Hyper-Converged Platform – Intel Silver 41xx processors, providing 40 Cores/80 Threads per cluster (upgradeable)
Equinox BCDR – Next generation of the tried and tested Stone BCDR solution, based on the Intel Purley platform
Flexible storage options – Equinox is available in 8TB, 16TB, 32TB versions as standard but can be tailored to your requirements
- Form Factor
- 2x 2U / 3x 2U depending on configuration
- 430mm x 709.9mm x 87.3 mm (D x W x H)
- 16.93" x 27.95" x 3.44"
- (2) Intel® Xeon® Scalable Family Processor family per node
- Intel® C624 Chipset
- (24) DDR4 ECC RDIMM/LRDIMM 2666 MHz slots per node
- Equinox is available in 8TB, 16TB, and 32TB
- More options available
- PCIe expansion slot
- (2) PCIe Gen 3 x8 riser slot
- Hardware Management Port
- IPMI 2.0 Compliant BMC with Dedicated RJ45 Port
- Integrated Graphics
- AST2500 BMC is a VGA-compliant controller with 2D hardware acceleration and full bus master support. 16Mb of memory
- Rear I/O
- (8) USB ports (USB revision 2.0 + 3.0)
- (1) VGA port
- (2) Serial ports
- Power Supply
- Dual 1100Watt or 1300Watt PSU options
- OS Supported
- Windows Server 2016 Datacentre