Existing network approaches and technologies cannot provide the levels of security and access control that digital organisations need today. As many as 86% of organisations today are using public cloud computing services, and many of these are now working towards an SD WAN approach – software-defined networking in a wide area network (ESG Research).
- Gaps in visibility and coverage – as new advances rapidly define workflow, the security protocols in your organisation will need to advance with it. This is difficult to maintain in the confines of busy working life
- Amount and complexity of security tools in use – 26% of organisations in ESG Research’s study said that the number of separate security tools was difficult to coordinate
- was a major contributor to that increased difficulty
- Limited budget – especially within the current pandemic, extra funding is scarce, and so expensive security solutions may be an option for your organisation
Secure Access Service Edge, better known as SASE, is a new cybersecurity method developed to combat this. With it, network and security are encapsulated in one solution to strengthen security throughout an entire organisation – whether they be working remotely or not.
Cisco Umbrella Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) Essentials
Cisco have released the Umbrella Secure Internet Gateway (SIG) Essentials package in line with these principles. These directly combat modern working security vulnerabilities and provide you with the peace of mind that your organisation is fully secure.
From one dashboard, you can enable a broad set of functions such as:
- DNS layer security
- Secure web gateway
- Cloud-delivered firewall (CDF)
- Cloud-access security broker (CASB) functionality
- Interactive threat intel
These perform all security functionality without the complexity of integrating several products. What’s more, this one solution can be deployed from anywhere within the cloud, providing users with fast performance and enhanced protection against security threats. This also saves your organisation money over time, reducing the typical on-going costs and work it takes to effectively secure your network.
All of this means that the Cisco Umbrella SIG Essentials package significantly reduces the time, money, and resources previously required for deployment and management. Click here to find out more.
Cisco’s SASE Suite
The Umbrella platform is just one of Cisco’s SASE-based solutions: their suite comprises of not only security, but connectivity and identity concerns too. These further options include:
- VPN security
- Remote working access
- Optimised routing
- Multi-factor authentication
- Continuous verification
- App-specific policy
- SAML (security assertion mark-up language)
This sounds impressive, but what does it mean for your organisation? Well, it allows you to operate without having to think about any of the above concerns – you can stay productive and on task no matter where you may be.
What Stone can Offer You
As a Cisco partner, we at Stone can offer your organisation these innovative security solutions. For many of us, the Cisco Umbrella SIG Essentials package will be more than sufficient to tackle your needs. Get in touch today and one of your specialist team will design a bespoke solution for you.