At Stone Technologies Ltd we have almost 30 years’ experience in providing digital transformation solutions to organisations across the UK. We can design, configure and deploy your new technology and IT solutions, whilst always providing you with the support you need. We are an award-winning recycling partner, trusted so clients know their end-of-life equipment is in excellent hands.
Do you have a passion for Technology and great customer service? Do you enjoy solving IT related issues? Are you looking to work in a fast paced environment? Do you want to be part of a growing award-winning technology company?
If you answered yes to all these questions, we may have the role for you.
We are seeking a Technical Helpdesk Adviser to join our Services team.
The successful candidate will provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to customers with support contracts and support our internal customer service team. Recording and resolving cases reported by customers through various forms of communication.
Key tasks will involve:
- Answering customer calls in a professional and courteous manner within the agreed time as defined in the Service Department KPIs.
- Effectively, efficiently, and accurately recording customer information necessary to progress requests, provide technical assistance or provide information to the customer. Ensuring effective communication is always maintained with the customer.
- Supporting both the public sector and end user customers, both from the office and from home using personal computer and internet connection, as part of the evening and weekend rota.
- Accurately diagnosing cause of faults based on information obtained from the customer and / or internal / external resources. Taking ownership of each call logged and ensure that it is followed through to a successful conclusion.
- Processing requests for information, arrange advanced replacement part swaps, on-site engineer repair, third party service and return to base repair, missing items and incorrect orders, ensuring that customer SLA are met.
- Liaising with third party companies to facilitate warranty repairs on customer equipment not manufactured by Stone.
- Maintaining accurate administrative information records and a tidy work environment at all times.
The suitable candidate will have GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualification and ideally one of the following:
- A-Level in Computer Science
- CompTIA A+
- MCSE qualified
- Recognised industry related qualifications in diverse areas
They will have experience providing technical support to users of computer equipment, an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office 2013 onwards, a basic knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems and an understanding of networking and home internet connectivity. It is desired but not essential to have a good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and a broad knowledge of networking technologies and principles.
Full training will be provided and continuously supported.
This is a full time position – 37 hours per week
The working days are Monday to Friday
In the future to enable us to offer 24/7/365 services there will be a requirement for the successful candidate to be flexible in the hours of work as this may involve rotating shifts between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. We have an equal opportunities policy.
To discuss any reasonable adjustment or request a paper based application form as an alternative, please contact HR on 08448 22 11 22
The safety of our staff and customers is paramount, which is why we’ve reviewed our processes and are strictly adhering to Government COVID-19 safety guidelines. implementing safe working conditions across all areas of the business.
Agencies need not apply