After another successful year here at Stone, we’d like to share with you our ongoing progress as a sustainable business.
From climate change to inequality, sustainable development issues are an increasing area of interest for us all.
As a nationally recognised ICT solutions provider, our actions have a significant impact in terms of environmental management, commitment to local communities, and offering products that do no harm.
That’s why we’re committed to running our business in a way that is responsible and has a positive impact for our customers, employees and stakeholders.
This involves continually assessing our impact on a number of business areas – including environmental, social, and economic responsibilities.
Since our first Sustainability Report was published in 2012, our business operations have progressed dramatically, but our core values of inclusivity, integrity, stewardship, and transparency remain the same.
We’ve produced this report in alignment with our core business strategies, so you can clearly see how we’re performing against the objectives we set ourselves.
Highlights from this year’s report include:
- Continued reduction in carbon emissions from our vehicle fleet and those associated with its electrical consumption.
- Recovered record amounts of WEEE from the market place and placed a large percentage back into reuse.
- Won the prestigious MRW National Electronic & Electrical Recycler of the Year 2014 and Corporate Recycler of the Year 2015 Award.
- One of the first companies nationally to achieve certification to BS8900-2 for Sustainable Development.
- Achieved certification to ISO22301 for our Business Continuity Systems
- Introduced a replacement desktop product, offering significant environmental savings.
- Enhanced our position on labour issues within the electronics supply chain.
- Maintained steady growth of the business despite the austere conditions within the market place.
To learn more about our ongoing progress and sustainable business strategy, you can download the full report below.
Stone Sustainability Report 2015Download