Following another incredible year for us here at Stone, we wanted to share the results of our ongoing commitment to sustainable development and progress over the last 12 months as a sustainable business.
Since our last report in 2015, we’ve maintained good progress in our sustainability efforts, whilst at the same time growing in size and range of our activities.
We remain committed to running our business in a way that’s environmentally, socially and economically responsible and which has a positive impact for our customers, employees and stakeholders.
These achievements reflect the determination of our business to secure long term sustainable growth in addition to maintaining the application of our core values in all activities.
Take a look at just some of the highlights for us over the last 12 months:
• Won the prestigious MRW National Recycling Award for Corporate Recycler of the Year 2015 – another incredible achievement following the 2014 Electrical and Electronic Recycler of the Year Award
• Increased turnover to record levels
• Secured new investment into the business which is testament to the hard work and dedication from our staff and our ongoing ability to grow
• Processed record amounts of WEEE recovered, further decreasing the environmental impact of our activities
• Continued reduction in carbon emissions in line with our ISO 14001 Environmental Management accreditation
• Supported progression of a reform programme in the electronics supply chain
• Continued support of national and local charities
• Partnered the roll out of Microsoft IT Academies for FE
• Upgraded and re-implemented our apprenticeship scheme as part of our ongoing dedication to the Investors in People programme
You can find out more about our continued commitment to sustainable development and how this aligns with our business strategy by downloading the full report below.
Stone Sustainability Report 2016Download