Join us at Stone and, whatever your role, become a valued member of a successful, dynamic and friendly team that’s created the UK’s leading supplier of technology to education and the public sector.
If you share this passion for improving the education, health and quality of life of people in the UK through technology services, then we could be a great match.
At present we employ over 240 friendly people, which adds up to a supportive workforce and a great deal of experience. You won’t be just a number, because we encourage our clients to build long-term, comfortable, friendly and mutually-beneficial relationships with individual employees.
As a specialist account manager you’ll act as a dedicated point of contact for clients, making sure they acquire the best technologies, achieve the best value for money and receive the best possible service.
As part of our engineering team, you’ll work in our purpose-built facility and across the UK as part of transformational technology projects that you can be proud of.
As an in-house service technician, you’ll help Stone provide the highest levels of flexible customer support, both internally and in the field, helping us to guarantee a next-day service.
You’ll also be joining a company that’s accredited by both its vendors and client organisations.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you think your expertise lies in any of these areas then we’d like to hear from you.
If you’re interested in working for Stone, please contact Andrea Fraser, our friendly HR Manager with a covering letter indicating salary expectations and an up-to-date CV:
Recycling Sales Administrator (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a strong administrator to work in our busy Recycling Sales Department to cover up to 12 months of maternity absence. The candidate should possess strong administrative skills and be able to work proactively in a busy and diverse environment. Main duties and responsibilities include the provision of administrative support to the Recycling Sales management and the wider team ensuring workflow is maximised and processes are adhered to, along with:
- Liaising with Sales Management to ensure that the sales administration team fully supports the customer base and the Sales function.
- Provision of high-quality administrative support to the Sales Teams and Management
- Providing excellent customer service
- Establishing excellent relationships with external and internal customers
- Communication with customers as required by telephone, e-mail or letter.
- Communication relating to information from other departments e.g. Purchasing, Operations
- Completing customer Asset Management and Rebate reports
- Administrative support for framework agreements
- Maintenance of records of key data and accurate and up to date databases
- Processing drivers’ paperwork relating to recycling collections ensuring appropriate customer liaison regarding dates, timings, access, adhering to weight and drivers’ hours restrictions.
- Assisting management in providing forecasts for the recycling sales team and the business
- Processing Certificates of Disposal, ensuring appropriate customer liaison and sending out customer copies of all paperwork.
- Provide break, lunch time, Holiday and Sickness Cover for Recycling Logistics Operations Assistant and Warehouse Co-ordinator
- Proactive approach in all dealings with customers (external and internal)
- ‘Can do’ attitude and flexible approach to your role, your team and your customers
- Honest & clear communication
- High standard of spoken and written communication.
- Share ideas and experiences with team, contribute to team improvements
- Deal with complaints swiftly. Correct recording and escalation.
- Be self-motivated to develop and learn
We have a number of Summer temporary roles available in our Operations Department.
Please note that we will not be taking any applications via employment agencies for the provision of our temporary staffing requirements.
Individuals will be required from 5th June – end of August on a temporary basis – main roles and responsibilities include:
To accurately pick products listed on the build sheets
To handle products with appropriate care, taking regard to ESD precaution.
Once trained, to carry out assembly tasks as required on all assembly line positions and build PCs, NBs and All-in-Ones.
To handle products with appropriate care, taking regard to ESD precaution.
To co-operation with management to ensure the efficiency and smooth running of the assembly line.
To subject manufactured good to the documented test regime.
To ensure that the overall quality of the product is maintained, at all times, to the highest standards.
To take appropriate ESD and handling precautions when repairing computer equipment.
To box products effectively on the boxing line.
Unloading vehicles and palletising recycling collections.
Checking, weighing and counting jobs and recording all information accurately.
Use of the dedicated computer system to record asset information.
Use of processing systems for refurbishment, including data wiping.
Repairing systems to maximise the opportunities for re-use.
Dismantling systems and other IT equipment, prior to shredding.
When fully trained, operation of the shredding equipment.
Boxing products on the boxing line
Loading of goods in racking and on vehicles
Drivers’ Mate on occasion
Working hours will be 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday – there may be a requirement for Saturday work dependant on workload.
Shifts are outlined below and individuals may be required to work either shift, dependent on the month, the department and the workload requirements:
07:00 – 15:30 Monday – Thursday
07:00 – 15:00 Friday
08:00 – 16:30 Monday – Thursday
08:00 – 16:00 Friday
Pay Rate is £7:50 per hour and pay will be monthly on the last working Friday of every month.
Notice Period will be 1 week.
- Must be over 16 years of age.
- Must meet any KPIs set by the Department manager or supervisor.
- Must work for the whole of the Summer period June – August – No Holidays booked.
- May be required to work in any department within Operations and on any shift pattern.
- Must maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance – no more than 3 instances of lateness or sickness absence during the period of employment.
- Must not be subject to any disciplinary issues during their employment with us.
- May be required to go out with Drivers to assist with Recycling collections.
- Must undertake a requirement to do overtime from time to time, as required by the department, as follows:
- Overtime of 1 hour with ½ day notice (same day).
- Overtime of 2 hours with 24 hours’ notice.
- Saturday working may be required (with appropriate notice).
- Must have a clear Criminal Records Check – this is mandatory for all employees and will be carried out as a requirement.
- Uniform and appropriate PPE will be provided.
- Training will be provided.
- Applicants may be invited in for a suitability assessment.
An e-Commerce co-ordinator is required to join our e-commerce team. This is a hands-on role for a self-starter who is comfortable to work independently and has a flexible approach to work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer enquiries through Live Chat, Tickets, Email, Phone:
- Arranging replacements, collections, returns
- Liaising with the warehouse to ensure the website is up to date and product availability is accurate
- Chasing deliveries with third parties
- Processing orders from 3rd party channels
- Website Testing
What we’re looking for
- Strong literacy skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a small team