This desktop switch offers an inexpensive alternative to fibre optics for the SOHO and small and medium business (SMB). Increasing network loads can be handled with the increased bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet. The switch provides 16 Gigabit ports in the commonly used Ethernet format, so it works seamlessly with existing network cables (Cat5 or higher). Up to 2000 Mbps can be achieved in full-duplex mode, giving workstations bottleneck-free access to server data.¦The latest hardware revision of the switch (C1) introduces the first ever energy-saving features in the networking arena. By sensing whether attached devices are ON or OFF and estimating the cable length, the switch is able to adjust its power consumption, for a total saving of up to 20%.
- Power-saving feature, for up to 20%* less power consumption
- *figure based on a scenario assuming that PCs are used for 10 hours a day, powered off for 14 hours a day and connected to the switch using 20m cables
- 16 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Mounting bracket kit supplied
- Cable diagnostic function