A BladeSystem c7000 enclosure holds up to 16 server and / or storage blades plus redundant network and storage switches. It includes a shared, multi-terabit high-speed mid-plane for wire-once connectivity of server blades to network and shared storage. Power is delivered through a pooled power backplane that ensures the full capacity of the hot-plug power supplies is available to all blades.
- With local and remote hardware management integrated across the solution, one full enclosure can be managed as easily as one server
- Management and network interconnects extend scalability beyond a single enclosure, allowing resources to be pooled and shared across multiple enclosures
- Accommodates multiple server and network designs in one enclosure
- Lower costs per server, in comparison to rack-mounted servers
- Lower power consumption, in comparison to rack-mounted servers